All-American Teacher Tools: Fidget Mats for Alzheimer's

Monday, November 14, 2022

Fidget Mats for Alzheimer's

Explore all of my fidget mats that I have made for those with Alzheimer's, dementia, and other neurological disorders.  These mats help those people to focus on activities close at hand so they can use their fingers to manipulate beads, zippers, Velcro, and other interesting objects.  ALL OF MY MATS ARE THEMED.  That means they will stimulate conversation more easily than with non-themed fidget mats. I am a retired Family Consumer Sciences teacher, so all of my mats are securely sewn and safe.  I do not use any magnets to avoid interaction with pacemakers.  

Check out my etsy store for new varieties of fidget mats because I post them as soon as they are completed.  They measure approximately 16" x 18" with some variations. While these are for sale at $45 plus postage to individuals to offset the cost of materials, I will donate up to 5 fidget mats for FREE to a nursing home for the cost of postage (usually about $18).  Email me if you have a nursing home that could use some fidget mats for their residents.  Since these will be custom made, please allow about a month for delivery (you may get them earlier if I have some on hand).  Also, in your email, let me know if you think the residents would appreciate any particular themes - really any theme at all from spring time to holidays to a color preference.  Or you can just let me use my creativity!  

Check out my images below (birthday, Alaska, and Australia themes).  Then either order the mat (if still available) from etsy or email me about sending FREE mats to nursing homes.  

 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog