All-American Teacher Tools: Shelfari...

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Shelfari...

What fun!  I recently joined Shelfari where I can posts the books I've read.  If I find time, I'll actually add a reveiw, but I've found that with the exception of one book I've reviewed before (Water for Elephants), I agree with the other reviews.  If it's on my list, I consider it a strong favorite. Here is why I've included it in my Parent-Teacher-Child Connection blog...

Teachers can "Start a New Group" and then add classroom books to the list - either required reading or for extra credit.  Add your students' email addresses to the group and you have an instant discussion group that can only be read by members of that group.  Only the administrator (you!) can add members.  And the administrator can monitor the posts for appropriate comments. 

Listen to how Shelfari actually began for classroom use: http://teachersteachingteachers.org/?cat=309 and a slideshow on the benefits of Shelfari: http://www.slideshare.net/eafinley/what-is-shelfari

Happy Teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog