All-American Teacher Tools: A New Product for Students

Thursday, July 28, 2011

A New Product for Students

I accidentally ran across a phenomenon that I wish I had when I was in high school and college.  It's called a smart pen (click the link!) and it automatically records the lecture while you take notes.  With a little mini-GPS inside, it locates a position on the paper.  Simply tap the word and you hear the instructor's lecture at that time in your head phones.  I know this sounds like an ad for this little device, but I just couldn't believe what it could do, especially for students with learning disorders involving processing speeds, slow writing, Asperger's Syndrome, or  AD/HD. The variety of notebooks will appeal to any personality, and you can get two different color inks.
The only drawback is that they are not your standard 59-cent pen.  They are expensive.  The smallest capacity (2GB) is $80 at amazon.com and you also need to get the notebook that has microdots embedded in the paper.  You can't use an ordinary notebook.  So, if you loose either the notebook or the pen, you lose the functionality of this marvelous tool. 

This is a good gift for a responsible high school student or a student going off to college.  Again, I know this sounds like an ad, but I really don't get any kickback from blogging about this device :-)

Happy Parenting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shelfari: Book reviews on your book blog